Knicks, Nets enter bids for 2015 ASG

There is a good chance the 2015 NBA All-Star Weekend will be in New York City.
In response to a question about the All-Star festivities likely being at Barclays Center or Madison Square Garden, NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver said, "Yes." The comment came during Silver and commissioner David Stern's annual All-Star press conference on Saturday at the Toyota Center.
"There are two applications in, one from Brooklyn and one from the Garden," Stern said. "And I really think that Commissioner Silver is going to have a great time with those applications, I really do, and I asked him to send me a postcard to tell me how they go."
The last time All-Star Weekend was held in New York came in 1998 at Madison Square Garden, where Michael Jordan was named game MVP during his last season with the Chicago Bulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment